Our Overall Goal
Our goal is help find the best solution to your mobility needs. We want to work with you if a purchased item doesn’t solve your issue the way you were expecting it to. In most cases, if we can find a different product of equal or greater value as a better solution, we can waive any restocking fees by doing a one-time exchange within 3 days of receipt. The following restrictions would apply: If the original item is used, damaged, is in a smoking environment or around strong odors, if it was a special order that is not returnable per our guidelines below, or is outside of our store delivery area. The initial delivery fee / shipping charge would be nonrefundable and a 2nd delivery / exchange fee would be charged.
Our goal is to ensure that you select the best product for your needs. However, you may receive a product that doesn't work for you. To keep our online pricing competitive and offer quality, prompt service after the sale, cancelled / returned orders are subject to the following fees:
If your return meets the Return Criteria below, the following charges will be applied.
- Scooters: A 15% restocking fee + any shipping / delivery / pickup fees
- Power Chairs: A 15% restocking fee + any shipping / delivery / pickup fees
- In-Stock Lift Chairs: A 15% restocking fee + any shipping / delivery / pickup fees
- Custom ordered Lift Chairs: Non-returnable once the item has been shipped or delivered
Non-Returnable Products: Due to certain items' size, uniqueness or price, we cannot accept returns on certain products that are labeled as such on their product page (marked in bold text). Additionally, the following categories are non-returnable:
- All Vehicle Lifts
- All Stair Lifts
- All Vertical Lifts
- All Patient Lifts
- Open Box Items
- Custom Ordered Lift Chairs (Any chair ordered that is not in stock in our showrooms)
- All custom ordered parts
In order to return, customers must request a Return Authorization (RA) number issued by Southern Mobility within 10 calendar days of delivery. Products must then be returned within 30 calendar days of delivery date.
You can email us at email@example.com or call 1-800-681-8831 to request an RA number. Please include your order number, your name, the date ordered and the item number you are returning.
Cancelled or Refused Orders
If you contact us within 3 business days of placing order to cancel, you will receive a 100% refund unless your order has already shipped or was ordered as an urgent or rushed order. If the order has already shipped or was a rush order, our normal Return Criteria will apply.
If you cancel after 3 business days and the order has not shipped, a 10 % fee of the full purchase price will be applied + any manufacturer cancellation fees involved. If a delivery / shipment is refused, our normal Return Criteria applies and the customer will be responsible for any shipping / refusal related fees.
If a product has not been delivered / picked up within 60 days of the purchase, Southern Mobility reserves the right to cycle that product(s) back into inventory for sale. Once the customer scheduled delivery or pickup, the items will then be reordered or pulled from inventory. If the items have not been picked or delivered after 90 days, a store credit will be issued to the customer for the full purchase amount.
Damaged items / property must be reported to Southern Mobility within 72 hours of delivery. Southern Mobility is not financially responsible to fix or replace items / property if reported after the 72 hours window. If an item is picked up from our store, any damage not noted at pickup will not be Southern Mobility’s responsibility to repair / replace. If the customer requests Southern Mobility move any furniture inside the home as a courtesy and something is damaged (furniture, house, etc.), it is not Southern Mobility’s responsibility to fix / repair any damages done.
Products must be returned at your expense and meet the following conditions:
• An R.A. # must be requested within 10 days of delivery AND the returned item must be received at our Raleigh or Concord NC location within 30 calendar days from your delivery date. If shipping, send early enough to avoid missing the deadline date. Southern Mobility is not responsible for shipping delays that cause your return to arrive after the 30-day window.
• Product must be returned in its original undamaged packaging if shipped to you
• We will not accept any products that have been in a smoking environment.
• The product must be unused and in brand new condition. Any items that show wear, damages, odors, stains, if missing parts or manuals, etc. will not be accepted for return.
• If the product does not meet our return criteria, it is not Southern Mobility's responsibility to get the equipment back to the customer. You are responsible for any of the costs related to the pickup.
• White Glove and other delivery charges are non-refundable. If your product was White Glove Delivered, you are responsible for delivery back to our Raleigh location.
• Returns received without an R.A.# or beyond the 30-calendar day period will not be accepted.
• If we sent the wrong item, we will make the arrangements on our end to correct. If you require an exchange, you are responsible for getting the product back to us and having it meet the return criteria above. A restocking charge will be applied.
• If Southern Mobility reduces or waives any normal fees for your order, like White Glove Delivery or Free Shipping and you then return the item, which meets the above criteria, the customer is responsible for the full amount of the discounted charge.
All standard return policies above apply. You must accept delivery, obtain an RA Number and ship / return the item back to the correct address above. Shipping costs will not be credited.
Return Shipping Costs and responsibilities
Unless Southern Mobility was at error with your order, return shipping / freight is your responsibility. We highly recommend bringing items back yourself or if shipping, insuring larger items for their retail value to protect against shipping damage. Please be sure to carefully follow all return-shipping instructions that are included with your Return Authorization number. Southern Mobility is not responsible for shipping damages or shipping delays on returns.
Repairs and Return Limitations Repairs:
Incontinence issues can cause serious safety issues and severe damages to any product. To protect yourself: Always use incontinence products such as under garments and additional incontinence pads, that are checked and changed regularly. If repairs are needed, we reserve the right to refuse service to protect our employees. Warranties do not cover damages to parts (fabric, frame, motors, etc.) from incontinence, period.
If incontinence is detected on any product, we reserve the right to void any labor / parts warranty on the product. Refunds will not be issued for any extended warranties previously purchased.
Returns: We want all of our customers to receive brand new products that are new and without signs of use. Based on this, we cannot take any returns of products that
1. show signs of use when incontinence is detected
2. if there is a general odor of urine in the home from the user or from pets.
Once your return is received, we will issue a credit in the same manner as the purchase. Please allow up to 2-3 weeks for your credit to be processed. If your item is defective or was damaged in shipping, please call us or email us at the email and phone number above. We will arrange for the item to be replaced promptly.