Our Overall Goal
Our goal is help find the best solution to your mobility needs. We want to work with you if a purchased item doesn’t solve your issue the way you were expecting it to. In most cases, if we can find a different product of equal or greater value as a better solution, we can waive any restocking fees by doing a one-time exchange within 3 days of receipt. The following restrictions would apply: If the original item is used, damaged, is in a smoking environment or around strong odors, if it was a special order that is not returnable per our guidelines below, or is outside of our store delivery area. The initial delivery fee / shipping charge would be nonrefundable and a 2nd delivery / exchange fee would be charged.
Purchase with Confidence whether a standard product or a customized version*. Our goal is to ensure that you select the best product for your needs. However, you may receive a product that doesn't work for you. To keep our online pricing competitive and offer quality, prompt service after the sale, cancelled orders or returns are subject to the following restocking fees:
We will accept returns for standard and most custom ordered items* (Returnable custom examples: bariatric products, added motorized seat lifts, upgraded fabrics, added heat and message option, upgraded seat size, upgraded batteries)
If your return meets the criteria below, the following charges will be applied.
• A 15% re-stocking fee will be applied to all standard, “warehouse” or non-customized products with product price of $2500 or less (excludes tax)
• A 20% re-stocking fee will be applied to any standard “warehouse” item over $2500 or a returnable custom order / customized product*.
* Due to certain items' size, uniqueness or price, we cannot accept returns on the following products or other products marked as non-returnable on their product page: • Power Wheel Chairs: Pace Saver Power Chairs, Karman XO-202 Standing Power Chair • Lift Chairs: Golden PR-502 Super Wide, Pride LC-358XXL • Scooters: Drive King Cobra, Drive Cobra, Drive Maverick, EV Rider Vita Monster, EV Rider S8X Aviator, Pride Pursuit XL, EV Rider Royale 3 or 4, Merits Silverado Extreme, All eWheels Products • All Vehicle Lifts • All Stair Lifts
If you need to cancel or return an item, please review our Return Policy below and call or email us to request a return. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-681-8831 to request an RA number. Please include your order number, your name, the date ordered and the item number you are returning. Products may be returned within 30 calendar days from date of delivery with a Return Authorization (R.A.) number issued by Southern Mobility. Products must be returned at your expense and meet the following conditions:
• An R.A. # must be requested AND the returned item must be received at our Raleigh or Concord NC location within 30 calendar days from your delivery date. If shipping, send early enough to avoid missing the deadline date.
• Product must be returned in its original undamaged packaging if shipped to you
• We will not accept any products that have been in a smoking environment.
• The product must be unused and in brand new condition. Any items that show wear, damages, odors, stains, if missing parts or manuals, etc. will not be accepted for return.
• If the product does not meet our return criteria, it is not Southern Mobility's responsibility to get the equipment back to the customer.
• White Glove and other delivery charges are non-refundable. If your product was White Glove Delivered, you are responsible for delivery back to our Raleigh location.
• Returns received without an R.A.# or beyond the 30-calendar day period a will not be accepted.
• If we sent the wrong item, we will make the arrangements on our end to correct. If you require an exchange, you are responsible for getting the product back to us and having it meet the return criteria above. A restocking charge will be applied.
• If Southern Mobility reduces or waives any normal fees for your order, like White Glove Delivery or Free Shipping and you then return the item, which meets the above criteria, the customer is responsible for the full amount of the discounted charge.
All standard return policies above apply. You must accept delivery, obtain an RA Number and ship/ return the item back to the correct address above. Shipping costs will not be credited.
Return Shipping Costs and responsibilities
Unless Southern Mobility was at error with your order, return shipping/ freight is your responsibility. We highly recommend bringing items back yourself or if shipping, insuring larger items for their retail value to protect against shipping damage. Please be sure to carefully follow all return-shipping instructions that are included with your Return Authorization number. Southern Mobility is not responsible for shipping damages or shipping delays on returns.
Cancelled or Refused Orders
If you contact us within 24 hours of placing order to cancel, you will receive a 100% refund unless your order has already shipped or was ordered as urgent or a rush order. Then a 10 % fee will be applied, plus any expedited shipping fees. If you cancel after the 24 hours then our normal return policy will apply whether the product is in transit or not. Please follow our Return Policies below. If a delivery/ shipment is refused, a 20% restocking fee and any delivery or normal, non-discounted shipping related fees will be added to the fee. (example “Free curbside delivery” will be added at the actual delivery cost plus any additional fees)
Incontinence: Repairs and Return Limitations Repairs:
Incontinence issues can cause serious safety issues and severe damages to any product. To protect yourself: Always use incontinence products such as under garments and additional incontinence pads, that are checked and changed regularly. If repairs are needed due to incontinence, we reserve the right to refuse service to protect our employees. Warrantees do not cover damages to parts (fabric, frame, motors, etc) from incontinence, period.
Returns: We want all of our customers to receive brand new products that are new and without signs of use. Based on this, we cannot take any returns of products that
1. show signs of use when incontinence is detected
2. if there is a general odor of urine in the home from the user or from pets.
Once your return is received, we will issue a credit in the same manner as the purchase. Please allow up to 2-3 weeks for your credit to be processed. If your item is defective or was damaged in shipping, please call us or email us at the email and phone number above. We will arrange for the item to be replaced promptly.
We have multiple financing options listed on our site including Affirm, Care Credit, PayPal If a purchase is made through a financing option, their return policy may will take precedence over ours.
Open Box Items
Because of the extreme discount on these items, all sales are final and no other discounts can be combined. Certain financing options are not to be combined with Open Box purchases (call for details 1-800-681-8831) No returns or exchanges, no exceptions.